The future is unknown: planning in the age of coronavirus
The coronavirus has changed everything. Literally everything, from the way we used to live, the routine we are used to, how we interact with others, what we buy and how we prioritize.
There is plenty of uncertainty during the coronavirus pandemic. The only thing certain now is uncertainty.
, they have to reevaluate the potential impact it may have on their infrastructure, supply chain, and employee well-being.
For brand marketers
- Develop the ability to evaluate ongoing changes
- Improve standard operating practices rapidly
- Prepare and execute a robust business continuity plan.
- Develop the systems to track more deeply into the supply chain.
- Invest in employee development
, there are two main questions: how to respond during the crisis. And, how to anticipate the changed consumer behaviors.
- Reevaluate marketing strategy
- Re-budget media spending
- Revolutionize campaign activation
, they shall consider timely pivots and how they might need to change their approaches.
- Stay updated on the latest trends and developments and align more often with clients on a regular basis.
- Take additional actions in line with new policies and changes as the curves of the coronavirus pandemic.
- Offer new digital services to cope with the expedited shift to e-commerce
Every change brings new opportunity, you might not recognize it yet. But be prepared, be open, embrace the developments, stay future-focused and you will embrace and see the bright future ahead. Dealing with current data you have. And, making the most of this anomaly.